Press releases and high-resolution photos available at https://dicausa.com/category/press-releases/
- New FiberMax frame further cuts weight and reduces crane pad transportation costs (Released Sept. 23)
- DICA Outrigger Pads gets in on the act at The Demo Expo: Bucket trucks, cranes, and drilling devices displayed and operated at ICUEE on SafetyTech Outrigger Pads (Released Sept. 15)
- Special Duty Outrigger Pads meet unique needs of Utility Companies: DICA to display Cavity and Cleated SafetyTech Outrigger Pads at ICUEE (Released Sept. 9)
- Iowa Governor Branstad visits DICA Headquarters (Released Aug. 25)
September 22, 2015 (Guthrie Center, Iowa) Embodying a tradition of innovation, DICA got its start when founder Dick Koberg was asked by an electrical utility fleet manager, “Can you build me a better outrigger pad?” That was in the 1980s when most users of outrigger-enabled equipment used plywood, bolted-together timber, or cable reel ends.
Today, DICA provides engineered outrigger pads and crane pads and a variety of accessory products that are used in nearly 40 countries and on 6 continents around the world. DICA outrigger pads and crane pads are designed to improve safety and productivity for equipment setup of outrigger enabled equipment used in a variety of applications.
SafetyTech® outrigger pads provide a super strong, rigid and easy to use foundation for a wide variety of outrigger enabled equipment. Constructed of engineered thermoplastic material, with a crush rating up to 750 psi and maximum allowable load ratings up to 300,000 lbs., SafetyTech outrigger pads deliver the strength, stiffness and reliability needed for safety. Among the products on display at ICUEE are Special Duty models such as High-Viz, Cleated, and Cavity outrigger pads, which provide unique solutions for utility applications.
New FiberMax® Crane Pads are engineered to provide maximum strength and rigidity for cranes with lifting capacities up to 600 tons. With a crush rating up to 1000 psi and rated capacity of up 375,000 lbs. FiberMax crane pads provide the same strength properties as steel crane pads but can weigh up to 60% less. This significant weight difference delivers huge transportation savings job after job.
Want to know more?
DICA is the official Outrigger Pad Sponsor for the Crane Operator & Rigger Championship, which takes place on Tuesday, Sept. 29, hosted by Crane Institute Certification, Crane & Rigging Hot Line magazine, and Altec in Area K-129.
Bucket trucks, cranes, and drilling devices will be displayed and operated at ICUEE on SafetyTech Outrigger Pads. Look for DICA Outrigger Pads at Booth #2141 and in the following displays.
- Altec Cranes (K-129, L-165) boom trucks
- AlturnaMATS (#2007) ground protection mats
- Dur-A-Lift (L-137) aerial lifts
- Elliott Equipment Co. (L-435) aerial lifts, cranes, and digger derricks
- Equipment Technology/ETI (L-315) aerial lifts
- Iowa Mold Tooling Co. (N-1025) service trucks and cranes
- Spiradrill (L-171) drilling rigs
- Terex (L-316) aerial lifts, cranes, and digger derricks
- Utility One Source (N-2046, L-102, N-3017) aerial lifts, cranes, service trucks and more
- Versalift (L-116) aerial lifts and digger derricks
DICA, Guthrie Center, Iowa, has been specializing in building a better outrigger pad since 1988. By creating engineered solutions for improving equipment stability and ergonomic safety, DICA is leading the way in product innovation for outrigger pads and crane pads.
DICA outrigger pads and crane pads are used in 38 countries and on 6 continents around the world in construction, maintenance, electrical utility, oil and gas and tree care as well as local, state and federal government agencies. Learn more at www.dicausa.com.